PLAN AHEAD, make things happen
Discussions with Vets and Families at Western Region One Source
482 28 Road, Grand Junction, CO 81501
April 21st, 2022
8:30 -9:30 am
Movement for Health
Well-being: Physically, Mentally & Emotionally
Join a one-hour discussion on movement to decrease stress, tension, pain, anxiety, anger, depression and lethargy.
Let’s explore various forms of movement, simple to involved. Blood flow, breathing, nutrient intake, balance, emotions, flexibility, strength are all about movement, automatic and by choice.
April 21st, 2022
9:45 – 10:45 am
Laughter the Best Medicine
An overall body tune-up!
Join a one-hour active discussion on laughter.
Laughter strengthens your immune system, boosts mood, diminishes pain, and protects you from the damaging effects of stress. Let’s look at ways to incorporate humor and laughter into the fabric of your life, finding it naturally in everything. And if you can’t “find the funny” let’s learn to simulate laughter as an exercise and create other opportunities to laugh.
Delta County Libraries Presentations
Western Colorado Community College CEC Classes
Register : WCCC
October 13th, 2022 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Healing with Acupressure, Introduction to Jin Shin
This introductory workshop provides the basic information between Eastern and Western medical approaches. The program will allow one to understand the electromagnetic system within the body and how it balances the physical, emotional, and mental aspect of an individual. The faculty will describe how the electromagnetic system provides a method of response to the body’s call to disease to balance and clear the energy flows. A booklet is provided with instructions for what treatment is called for relative to specific symptoms. Participants will learn the location of the 26 bilateral points and how to release blockage.
Jin Shin Acupressure is a very gentle touch oriental healing system. It facilitates management of symptoms and enables health. This class will cover:
- Identify three ways oriental medicine differs from Western Medicine
- Describe Jin Shin electromagnetic system within the body and how it balances physical, mental and emotional aspects.
- Identify location of the 26 bilateral points and their partners to release energy blockages.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the self-help and caregivers books by administering treatment to self and others.
- Philosophy of Jin Shin Acupressure
- Electromagnetic System
- 26 Bilateral Points – methods of release
- Use of Self Help / Caregivers Books – Identifying and Applying treatment options