For me being multi-talented with high ability is:
Feeling humiliated, hurt, disappointed, and yet fighting mad because what you are doing is right. Having mixed internal dynamics as a teen, and even now as an adult, wanting to be all grown up with a purpose and broad understanding and yet feeling emotionally confused and not knowing why. A racing mind with ideas and questions galore out to discover the world and the critters under every rock. Wanting to try a vast variety of things and knowing you have to be responsible and make a choice. Strutting your stuff one moment and dumbing down the next, just to fit in. You want, so bad, to have an intense conversation about the mitochondria’s function in the cellular energy process or the meaning of the mysteries of life for the fun of it. Experiencing ecstasy one moment and depression the next because that is the cycle of emotions.
I have taken these experiences and developed my understanding of being gifted. I have learned techniques and tools to explore the inner workings of being gifted to create the venue to express high abilities with passion and purpose. And each day is something new………
My passion is to assist those of high abilities and potential to:
- To understand their own idiosyncrasies and that what is wrong with them is actually what is very right.
- To overcome mediocrity, hurt, fear, intense emotions, and perfection to be comfortable and enjoy being themselves.
- To develop their high abilities, talents, gifts through stimulation, resources, practice and application.
- To express their unique qualities for the personal experience of the magic, the mystery, the flow, of being gifted.
- To contribute their gifts to improving the world and providing joy.
- To connect with others like them and their community with meaning and mutual respect.
- To know the patterns they sense and know are what makes them and the world.
Author and Presenter – Discover Books + by Dr Edith
VIDEOS: Click the title to watch
PhD & M.Ed Rehabilitation Counseling
MBA, BA Sociology
Certified Practitioner, Jin Shin Jyutsu
Certified Practitioner & Instructor, High Touch Jin Shin
Licensed Professional Counselor
Certified Rehabilitation Counselor
AAUW , Mensa, NCC
ON A PERSONAL NOTE
Mother of two gifted sons
Oldest of 7 siblings
Army Dependent – changed schools, locations every 18 months growing up
Hobbies: walking, yoga, crocheting, camping, bowling, travel, exploring natural beauty, music, theater, dance.
Volunteer activities over the years: Youth bowling coach & coordinator, Boy Scouts, Odyssey of the Mind, Invent America, Science Fairs, Little League Sports
OTHER PLACES TO FIND ME
Here’s my information at Psychology Today
Guest Blogger at An Intense Life | Embracing chaos every day Edith Johnston
A Guest Blog at TalentDevelop.com : Beyond the Chaos or Void in my Life?
My Expert Profile and Articles at Selfgrowth.com Expert Page
Article – Underachievement
Article – A Multi-Talent Missing in Action
Facebook Page – How to In Life with Edith Johnston
Twitter – @DrEdithJ
LinkedIn – Edith Johnston PhD LPC